We've repositioned testing at the heart of software development to not only build quality but create value by preventing defects before they occur
There are several reasons which clearly tells us as why Software Testing is important and what are the major things that we should consider while testing of any product or application.
Why is software testing necessary?
When dealing with potentially millions of visitors to a brand’s website, consistency is a major issue. Editing mistakes, poor design and irrelevant content can also turn users off within seconds of seeing a page. In a nutshell, all facets of compatibility, content, usability and site layout serve to influence the perception of a company by its customer base.
Software testing is very important because of the following reasons:
1. Software testing is really required to point out the defects and errors that were made during the development phases.
2. It’s essential since it makes sure of the Customer’s reliability and their satisfaction in the application.
3. It is very important to ensure the Quality of the product. Quality product delivered to the customers helps in gaining their confidence.
4. Testing is necessary in order to provide the facilities to the customers like the delivery of high quality product or software application which requires lower maintenance cost and hence results into more accurate, consistent and reliable results.
5. Testing is required for an effective performance of software application or product.
6. It’s important to ensure that the application should not result into any failures because it can be very expensive in the future or in the later stages of the development.
7. It’s required to stay in the business.